Wednesday, October 14, 2009

famblee

Dear fambleh,

Here I be again, with a bit more time to spare this week. Last week I was able to get a few cold-weather staples, including some leggings, a coat and gloves. I have the most important things (except boots) So my plan is just to slowly build up my winter wardrobe each week until I have enough to brave the crazy Utah winter! One week recently was freezing, but this past week has not been so bad.

Sister Cline is awesome! She's from PA like Schill, but she spent the last few years in Alaska and Hawaii. She is super laid back and goofy, very surfer-ish and tomboy. She doesn't take anything too seriously. She is a fun companion, and we work hard together because we are both pretty much new. I have learned more in this transfer so far than I have since I've been out, and I FEEL a lot more like a missionary. I have an easier time being bold and confident now, and I am growing in other ways.

She is a health nut so we were running every morning, but I sprained my foot stepping off a curb wrong (only me and my graceful self could do that) in the first week, so that put an end to that. My foot hurt pretty bad for a while, but it's getting a lot better. I got a blessing and saw a Dr and I don't have to have a cast or anything - it's just a light sprain.

We are teaching a lot and finding a lot of new investigators. We had a baptism a few weeks ago and it went awesome! She is such a sweet girl. Schill and I sang "What Heaven Sees in You," the same song I sung at Nina's wedding. We also hard a baptism this last Saturday, another little blonde angel. Her baptism was awesome, the spirit was very strong there. Sister Schilling tracted into her mom a couple months ago right before I got there. She was really receptive so we started teaching them both and it has really been an amazing journey for that little family. The mom totally turned her life around and started re-activating, the daughter had the lessons and was able to be baptized, and the mom is on the track to rebaptism. They were so grateful that they were found. The little girl bore her testimony on Sunday after she was confirmed (she's 9) and it was the sweetest, cutest thing I've ever heard! It went something like this: "I'm so glad the missionaries found us, because if it wasn't for them, I wouldn't have the Holy Ghost right now!" And she burst into tears!

I am doing a lot better with directions, I have learned a lot, and we get around fine now. I even read a map once! I didn't go to conference, but we had a great time watching it at member's houses and stuffing our faces. I truly have developed a new sense of appreciation for conference. It's amazing!

Gotta Go!
Love,
Your sister missionary

No comments:

Post a Comment