Tuesday, August 4, 2009

MTC Adjustment

One thing I have definitely found out is that there is nary a spare second to be had in the MTC. I wake up at 6:30 and I don't see my room again until 9:30. During that time I have meetings, personal study, companion study, meetings, devotionals, service projects, a ton of class, like a couple 4 hour classes a day.

I have two teachers. Brother Williams I really like, he helps me a lot and is very gentle and encouraging and I feel I benefit a lot from his teaching. My other teacher Brother Melton is a bit more challenging. But it's ok, because he has been called to be a teacher here I know he is inspired and there must be something I have to learn from him.

So my companion Sister Graves is way awesome I love her to death!! We are so much alike. It really has been a blessing to have a companion like her...the mtc is pretty much the most spiritual environment I have ever been in, but it is definitely waaay hard and frustrating, and she has helped me so much.


The food is interesting, I definitely get a lot of rumblings in my tumblings but the good news is I eat a lot more fruits and veggies than I did at home because they are already fixed and all I have to do is grab them and put em on me tray. Also we get all the soda and dessert we want.

I don't mind being obedient, and I have already felt myself felt myself grow so much spiritually. I love this place and I love being Sister Jordan! There is so much more I want to tell you but I don't have time. Sorry I couldn't answer more questions or be funny...

Love,
Sister Jordan

PS: Use dear elder or my official mtc address - please write lots and lots!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment